Hi everyone,
October's book will be Pledged by Alexandra Robbins. This is a non-fiction book about a reporter that goes undercover and makes friends with a mixture of sorority girls. I think this would bring up some interesting issues and hopefully spark some healthy debates.
I have picked Tuesday, October 8th for the date. I will also be sending out an Evite in the next few days.
Anna

I can't wait to read this since I was in a Sorority...we should definitely have some interesting discussions!
ReplyDeletePlease note I changed the date to October 8th. All the other weeks were pretty busy with:
ReplyDeleteAPPTA meeting, Dad's Night out, Dad's Poker night, New Member Social, and a BABES meeting. I hope the 8th isn't too early.
Oh my... this book sucks. It's bringing back all those BAD Alpha Phi memories that I have apparently blocked. I don't think I'm going to make it through the whole book...
ReplyDeleteOK. I'm having trouble with this book too. I was also in a Sorority, but it was nothing like the book is saying. There were no drugs, eating disorders, etc.... There was a lot of drinking, yes. But that is what most college students are doing I think. It is bringing back some memories, but most of it I don't connect with. Of course, I didn't live in a rich sorority house either like the girls in the book!
ReplyDeleteI have actually enjoyed reading this book. I was not in a sorority, so this is pretty interesting. It seems, though, with some of the posts that real sorority life is not like what is in the book...should be interesting to discuss with all of you!
ReplyDeleteAt some points this book really is boring; I enjoy the part where she talks more about each girl rather then all the scientific stuff she puts in. I was never in a Sorority either but after reading this book, I would have loved to just be in one for a year. Maybe I can be a house mom?
ReplyDeleteI tried to read this book and . It is really boring. What's the book choice for next month I need something to read.....have a great day and see ya all next week. Monique
ReplyDelete