Welcome to the newly formed APPTA Book Club #1! I have temporarily decided to name our book club The Triple B Club. The three bs standing for Booze, Broads,and Books. I thought that really described our club to a T. Thank you Lisa D for coming up with the name. If everyone is in agreement, we will keep the name as is.
After the August book club, we will officially be The Triple B Club. Denise has kindly volunteered to pick the next book and location. Thank you Denise, we can not wait to see what you will pick.
I know I tried to implement a Reading Journal that failed once it got into Ann's hands (thank you Ann). I think this will be easier to keep going because I will always have it within reach. I can sometimes be a control freak. I hope everyone will take the time to participate in this blog. This is something I had to do during one of my MSU master courses and I really thought it was a good idea. I believe it will only enhance our club and also serve as a tool to help us dive deeper into the discussions.
Of course, I should warn you to take caution as to when you view the blogs. We don't want to spoil anything if you have not gotten to the part that is being blogged about. So, Rule # 1: Give us a heads up to what chapter of the book you are discussing and include "spoiler alerts" if necessary.
Well, welcome and please enjoy all the future books that our club will be reading.
Anna
PS As a funny side note...we can create rules like in Wedding Crashers... Rule # 56 If you did not read the book--fake it or don't come (I know I have been guilty of this--both with book club and Jim).
No idea how I got here. I posted a comment yesterday and it didn't show up. Now I am a contributor, wow I am so behind the times with blogging, Facebook, and Twitter. I'm definitely going to bring a book, sounds like fun.
ReplyDeleteYes, this takes some getting used too. I am so behind on all this new technology!
ReplyDelete