Tuesday, July 28, 2009

September Book Club and Book Exhange

I have an idea. I know, I need to stop being so overbearing. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to begin our NEW book club by having a used/new book exchange. Anyone who would like to participate would bring in either a used book or a new one (it truly does not matter-used preferred) they have read and enjoyed to the September Book Club. We would then have a little book exchange. Everyone would leave with a "new" book to read. I think it would be a great way to start off the club.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think of the little idea.

Anna

PS Rule # 35: Don't hold back your opinions on the book. Let loose and dive right in to the discussion.

5 comments:

  1. Testing... testing.... Just trying to see if I'm even doing this "blog" thing correctly. I will bring a book and would love to participate in an exchange.
    Also, is this where I now announce our September book and location for the meeting? Or are we still doing that via EVITE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to just tell me I can post a picture of the book and a description of it. When you have a date and place you can also just post it on the site. I think I will also send an evite so we can keep track of who is coming? I am not sure if we still need it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exchanging books is a wonderful idea! I am always looking for new books to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna, I THINK I can figure out how to post a description and pic of the book. I'll give it a try. If I run into trouble, I will let you know. I don't know all the addresses for an EVITE though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. I will bring some with me in September!

    ReplyDelete