
I have chosen While I was Gone by Sue Miller for our September book club. We'll meet Thursday, September 17th at Luchita's Mexican Restaurant at 7 p.m.
1134 N. Abbe Rd. Elyria, Ohio 44035
Here's a little info about the book. It was an Oprah book club pick in 2000.
Synopsis
Ten years after memorably exploring the boundaries between motherhood and sexuality in her bestselling novel The Good Mother, Sue Miller returns with a new novel of love, betrayal, and forgiveness that asks what it means to be a good wife. In the summer of 1968, Jo Becker's youthful innocence was shattered when she found her best friend brutally murdered in the communal house they shared in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Now, 30 years later, Jo has everything she ever wanted: a successful veterinary practice, a devoted husband, and three grown daughters. But when Eli Mayhew -- a former housemate from her bohemian days -- settles in her small town, Jo is gradually drawn into a flirtation that returns her to the darkest moment of her past and imperils all she loves.
See you all Sept. 17th for some Margaritas and good fun!Anna, if you want to also send an Evite, please do. I don't think all 12 of us are on this blog page yet, but I don't have everyone's email addresses.
Thanks,
Denise
I added an image and link about the book. I will send out an evite for you. I see your computer is up an running.
ReplyDeleteYes, the computer is great. So much faster. We are just having a problem with pictures (images). So thanks for putting the book image on. Maybe Jim will know what's going on with the pictures. We're probably doing something wrong.
ReplyDeletedon't think I've gotten an evite yet...but going to see David Cook at House of Blue's that night...fooey....
ReplyDeletehaving said that, I'd like to read the book if anyone has it!