I have heard wonderful things about this book! I do not like to be jaded by any prior knowledge about books or movies so I'm posting a link if you'd like to read a little synopsis...here it is at Wikipedia! I think the book has something to do with love or something...with a touch of cholera perhaps?...we shall see...ha! Actually I did read (on accident) this snippet from the wiki site..."García Márquez's main notion is that love sickness is a literal illness, a disease comparable to cholera." ...very innn-teresting...Since it seems ya'll like Thursdays...we'll meet on Thursday November 19th! I'll do an evite of course and choose a location some other time...
Hope you enjoy the book!!!
Michelle
Great date. IT is the midnight showing of New Moon and guess who has TICKETS!! Holla! I can do a little drinking at the book club, talk about the Cholera, and then head over and watch the movie.
ReplyDeleteSome of you were saying that this book was difficult to follow at the beginning. I thought the same thing, but if you get past page 50 it gets really interesting. I'm really enjoying it now. I'm not finished yet though!
ReplyDelete