Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fermina's Wake-Up Call (page 102)

"...instead of the commotion of love, she felt the abyss of disenchantment.  In an instant the magnitude of her own mistake  was revealed to her, and she asked herself, appalled, how she could have nurtured such a  chimera in her heart for so long and with so much ferocity..."

Believe me, as Fermina walked through that market place and Florentino was stalking her like a crazed person, I was on pins and needles because I DO NOT like this insane character.  Who the hell, at his age, falls in love with a 12 year old and obsesses about her besides a sick and deranged pedophile?  He reminds me of another stalking individual from another book--EDWARD! But at least Edward is likable.

Anyway, when Fermina turns and realizes that she has been in love with the image of love (I mean she was so young and did not have a really great role model.  Her Aunt egged her on--probably because she was a spinster and wanted to live through her niece's romances) and was not REALLY in love with him, I wanted to jump for joy and say THANK GOODNESS. 

Well, that is my thoughts on that.  Does anyone else have something to add?

No comments:

Post a Comment