Words can not express how much I appreciated what you guys did for me and my family. I recieved your package in the mail yesterday at my sister's house and the emotions I felt were overwhelming. I was having a singing contest with some of Christopher's friends on the playstation when someone handed me this package. I told them, "Oh, no that goes to my sister from my friends back home." Then my sister gave me the envelope to open and when I saw what you guys pulled off I started blubbering like a baby. Needless to say, I did not do so well on my next round of singing. But no worries, I kicked some butt later. At least I like ot think so.
Whenever my sister's family visited I always looked forward to seeing Christopher the most because that boy cracked me up. His humor was unique and he was such a polite boy. I remember, just this past visit when we were getting ready to go to Cedar Point I was out in the drive way and Jim told me to get one of the boys (Christopher, Ben or Luke--Christopher's best friends) to get the cooler out of the kitchen. I called out, "Christopher." and being use to having to call someones name multiple times before they actually answer you (Jim, Camryn, Leo) I made my way inside. When I got in I could not find Christopher. I only had to call his name once and he came right out. I thought Jim could learn some lessons from him. Youonly had to ask him once to do something for you and he did it without complaint.
He also cracked me up. The last time at Cedar Point after we all rode the Shy Hawk we were waiting around to see what ride we were going on next. Christopher looked at me and put his huge Top Thrill Dragster by his hip like it was a gun in a holster. He then said to me, "Do you want to see my quick draw." and I said, "Yeah." And I kept looking at his "gun". A few minutes later he said, "Want to see it again." I just busted out laughing. Probably a little too hard because he and his friend Ben looked at each other like I was crazy.
His funeral was busting at the seams. It was really beautiful. I will have to tell you some of the things his close friends said about him. The overall theme though was his kindness. Christopher was friends with everyone and made everyone feel good. He was a great kid and out of all the phone calls I could have received that night, that one was not one I ever expected to hear.
Thanks again for your kindness! I have the best group of friends. I will be at the next book club but can not promise I will be blubbering.
Oh I forgot to mention that they are setting up a scholarship at Roy High School under Christopher Markus Kirvan. It looks like someone out there wants to plan an annual 5k around his birthday. If they don't I will plan that race. I will love to fly out here every summer and run for Christopher to keep his memory alive and kicking. So, the Triple B Club donated money to help someone go to college. Thank you guys again!!
ReplyDelete