Hey everyone! Boy, did I have a great time last night. I guess it was worth missing my Thursday night TV! Anyway, please comment on this post with your wish list of books.
I don't have a specific list, but I'd like a non-serious, easy read. Not interested in being depressed or having any deep thoughts at this point. :) Oh, and I like used books... I'm cheap like that! -ann
Well I want a brand, spanking new book...hardcover also. So, I feel sorry for whomever drew my name.
I also like Nora Roberts (she has a new wedding planner series) Anything they advertise at Target. But I was joking... you can get be used. Just check a book out for me at the library and tell me when it needs to be returned. It most likely will be late so at least I don't have to pay for the late fee. make sure to wrap it though.
k....used books are the best...even better if you've already read it and LOVED it...I can even give it back to you if you can't part with it permanently! If you really need help...all the books I've ever read (that I can remember) are in my Visual Bookshelf on Facebook (don't judge me though...went through a trashy romance novel phase...pardon me...historical romance novel phase)...Yes...getting that Facebook reference in there one more time...awesome.
Well, my favorite books are memoirs about a specific time in history (holocaust, civil rights, etc), but really I read anything. And I like having new things that I wouldn't pick out myself. So anything is game! Used is fine with me too :) Karen
I like the Target book selections as well. I prefer a book that is lighthearted, and won't make me think too much! I barely have time to read, so nothing too long. Cheap/used books are always good.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who recycles (and saves money), I'm all for used. I can't really say I like a specific type of book. I just don't like to overdose on one type, I like to mix it up so that's up to me. Any style is great. I can tell you I loved Water for Elephants and Snowflower and the Secret Fan and some of those we read around that time. Amazing picks.
Denise, last I heard we are meeting on Monday Dec. 21 at 7:30pm at Panini's in Westlake.
I am also a big fan of Nora Roberts (I didn't know she had a new trilogy out!), Dan Brown's new book looks interesting (and I bet you could get it used at this point) or any of the Twilight books
I am a coupon clipper - so of course a fan of used books! Anytime you can save money why not?! Then you use the extra money you saved going out with your book club friends and partying! (i.e. spending $6 on one beer!) I like light, fast easy reads too. Also don't have a ton of time to read.
Just like all of my fellow Triple B's...except for the very materialistic, Anna Walters :)...I too, like used books and am open to reading anything. I prefer fiction, though! (I save that-there learnin' of our history to my husband, who watches the History Channel.)
So I am just throwing out a suggestion to the person that may have drew my name... but I am more of a young adult book lover. They go well in my school library also. Here are just a few books I perused last night at Borders and Barnes and Noble while Camryn and I anxiously awaited the fantastic, wonderful, AMAZING Harry Potter movie. I LOVE books stores. I may try to get a part time job at one this summer.
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak Getting the Girl by Markus Zusak If I Stay by Gayle Forman The Card Turner by Louis Sachar By the Time you Read This by Giles Blunt
There are just so many good young adult books. I think I am going to stop buying our book club books and use my money for purchasing these types of books. But these are just suggestions... I am sure I would LOVE anything you pick.
I don't have a specific list, but I'd like a non-serious, easy read. Not interested in being depressed or having any deep thoughts at this point. :) Oh, and I like used books... I'm cheap like that! -ann
ReplyDeleteI'm with Ann. I'd like an easy read, but I don't have anything specific in mind. I also like used books. Keep it cheap!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSurprise me! Oh - and I'm all for used books, too.
ReplyDeleteWell I want a brand, spanking new book...hardcover also. So, I feel sorry for whomever drew my name.
ReplyDeleteI also like Nora Roberts (she has a new wedding planner series)
Anything they advertise at Target. But I was joking... you can get be used. Just check a book out for me at the library and tell me when it needs to be returned. It most likely will be late so at least I don't have to pay for the late fee. make sure to wrap it though.
k....used books are the best...even better if you've already read it and LOVED it...I can even give it back to you if you can't part with it permanently! If you really need help...all the books I've ever read (that I can remember) are in my Visual Bookshelf on Facebook (don't judge me though...went through a trashy romance novel phase...pardon me...historical romance novel phase)...Yes...getting that Facebook reference in there one more time...awesome.
ReplyDeleteWell, my favorite books are memoirs about a specific time in history (holocaust, civil rights, etc), but really I read anything. And I like having new things that I wouldn't pick out myself. So anything is game! Used is fine with me too :)
ReplyDeleteKaren
I like the Target book selections as well. I prefer a book that is lighthearted, and won't make me think too much! I barely have time to read, so nothing too long. Cheap/used books are always good.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I'm not the only one who recycles (and saves money), I'm all for used. I can't really say I like a specific type of book. I just don't like to overdose on one type, I like to mix it up so that's up to me. Any style is great. I can tell you I loved Water for Elephants and Snowflower and the Secret Fan and some of those we read around that time. Amazing picks.
ReplyDeleteDenise, last I heard we are meeting on Monday Dec. 21 at 7:30pm at Panini's in Westlake.
I am also a big fan of Nora Roberts (I didn't know she had a new trilogy out!), Dan Brown's new book looks interesting (and I bet you could get it used at this point) or any of the Twilight books
ReplyDeleteI am a coupon clipper - so of course a fan of used books! Anytime you can save money why not?! Then you use the extra money you saved going out with your book club friends and partying! (i.e. spending $6 on one beer!)
ReplyDeleteI like light, fast easy reads too. Also don't have a ton of time to read.
Just like all of my fellow Triple B's...except for the very materialistic, Anna Walters :)...I too, like used books and am open to reading anything. I prefer fiction, though! (I save that-there learnin' of our history to my husband, who watches the History Channel.)
ReplyDeleteAlso when I say used books, I mean books that are in your house. It does not have to be a book bought at a used book store.
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteSo I am just throwing out a suggestion to the person that may have drew my name... but I am more of a young adult book lover. They go well in my school library also. Here are just a few books I perused last night at Borders and Barnes and Noble while Camryn and I anxiously awaited the fantastic, wonderful, AMAZING Harry Potter movie. I LOVE books stores. I may try to get a part time job at one this summer.
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Getting the Girl by Markus Zusak
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
The Card Turner by Louis Sachar
By the Time you Read This by Giles Blunt
There are just so many good young adult books. I think I am going to stop buying our book club books and use my money for purchasing these types of books. But these are just suggestions... I am sure I would LOVE anything you pick.
Anna