Saturday, February 20, 2010

Thinking Ahead

Hey,

I know it is a little too early to think about next year... but I wanted to share with you how another book  club goes about choosing their books; it might be something we would want to consider or it might not be.  This is the gist of what another club does:

I guess at the beginning of their book club year (I consider September to be our new year) or some time before it, each member brings to the table a few books they would choose for their month.  From there, everyone looks them over and they vote on what books they should read.  Then they set up a schedule of when they would read each book selection and who would be the hostess.  That way, they know of the books and can read ahead of the schedule if the desire strikes them.  I am not saying this is the best method, we can tweak it and just have the next 4 books picked--just in case a newly published book comes out later. 

Just an idea.  Let me know your thought,

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment